I’m Nathalie Sejean, a story fabricator with many branches on my tree. I write, I draw, and I make films. There is one common purpose to everything I make: creative storytelling.
PS: I’m French-Lebanese. If you feel annoyed by my sometimes unconventional or odd use of English, remember, Me Not Native. Merci and Love.
I am currently developing the feature film In 5 Years that I wrote and will direct, I co-founded Activate Creativity to offer practical online programs for creatives to reconnect, nurture and stretch their creativity, and I’m half of the creative head that is GizLie.
Before that, I was first a bookseller in Paris, then a filmmaker in Los Angeles, and I became a story-fabricator in Istanbul. I taught myself how to write, direct, edit and draw, I made short narratives, short documentaries, interactive animations, wrote lyrics for bands and published a graphic novel.
I also created a blog, mentorless.com where I curate interestingness since 2011 for filmmakers and storytellers living in the 21st century.
I find purpose in creating the stories I need to tell and in empowering others to activate back their creative muscle. If you are curious, like to question everything and make stuff, we should hang out, we’ll probably get along.
I love storytelling and experimenting. Since I wasn’t 20 in the ’60s, I’m glad to be 33 in 2016 because I think the Internet is awesome and that more than ever, the sky is the limit when it comes to creativity and imagination.
Press & Interviews:
- How to pick a creative challenge that works for you (Activate Creativity, 2017)
- How do hyper-productive writers always come up with mouth-dropping anecdotes, timely quotes and mind-boggling facts ? (Activate Creativity, 2016)
- 4 Lessons Learned Living as a Creative Nomad for 4 Years (Chris Guillebeau, 2016),
- 3 Ways Taking Creative Challenges Made Me a Better Filmmaker (Raindance, 2016)
- What Being in a Devastating Creative Burnout Taught Me About Life (Creative Live, 2015),
- How To Build A Community And Stay Creative Even If You Don’t Live In A Big Movie Town (Stage 32, 2015),
- Three Reasons Why You Should Write Your First Draft By Hand (Screencraft, 2015)