I am not married to a medium, but I’m married to creative storytelling. While some storytellers will always paint, or make feature films, or sing, I create stories and I pick the medium that fits best the story I need to tell. Which is why, if I’ve started as a filmmaker, my work fits better the story fabricator title. In the last few years, as possibilities to experiment digitally developed, I’ve spent time working on new stories and new platforms.
Here is how it has unfolded so far:
- The Film Log: experimenting with the vlog format to follow the making of my first feature film. You can watch all the videos here
- 100 Day of Videos: experimenting with Instagram’s video app making one video a day for 100 consecutive days. You can watch all the videos here.
- The Stuff We Don’t Tell: experimenting with live storytelling on social media, creating a short graphic-novel within time constraints. You can download and read it here
- Ticking Bomb: experimenting with interactive storytelling, creating 16 timelines for a 3 minute long story. You can (actively!) watch the video here
- Tapestry: experimenting with cellphone active storytelling, creating over 20 tappable-stories. The app close (which I wrote about here) but the stories are still available in a lower standard here (scroll down).
To be continued, no doubt about it…